• Responsible for providing systems administration in multi-site Win/LINUX servers.
• Administer Win/LINUX based servers for mission critical operations.
• Integrate and maintain network management and support application hosted on Win/LINUX servers
• Responsible for system performance, maintenance and software integration in network environments.
• Create Server Management reports
• Activation, deletion, and modification of user accounts
• Maintain software patches and upgrades
• Develop, modify, and conduct training as required for agency personnel.
• Provide hardware and software engineering support for problem analysis, implementing corrective actions, and coordinate software activities with agency department heads.
• Implementation of VMware and support for VMware Vsphere 6.x and Horizon View 6.x
• Administering and maintaining storage environments (NAS and SAN)
• Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or related technical discipline (or the equivalent work experience) with a minimum of 6 years experience in systems/network
• 2 – 5 years experience administering Win/LINUX based systems
• 2 – 5 years of IP network experience
• Minimum 4 years system administration experience with Microsoft Server 2008/2012, Microsoft Office, and Microsoft Windows Client OS 7/8 operating systems.
• Minimum 4 years system experience with, Business Service Automation, Server Automation, Performance Management
• Minimum 4 years system experience with scanning and monitoring tools such as Sophos, Nessus, and Nagios.
• Minimum 5 years system experience with storage devices such as Ninble, EMC, and Cisco.
• Minimum 5 years system experience with database administration such as SQL Server, MySQL, and C-tree.
• Minimum 4 years system experience with VMware
• Support Configuration, Operations, Updates, and Maintenance of agency associated LANs and WANs for various networks
• Develop and maintain all systems, applications, security, and network configurations
• Troubleshoots network performance issues and creates/maintains a disaster recovery plan
• Recommends upgrades, patches, and new applications and equipment
• Provides technical support and guidance to users
• Provide support for infrastructure devices to include (but not limited to) Cisco Routers, Switches, Firewall, cryptographic equipment and circuit paths and would include providing suggestions for performance enhancement and streamlining
• Provide technical support services necessary for in house computing resources in a LAN/WAN environment that ensure equipment, information security, and availability of Network Operation and Maintenance services as well as the analysis, administration and support of voice, video, and/or data communications networks
• Analyzes, administers and maintains voice, video, and/or data communications networks
• Manages the usage and performance of voice, video and/or data communications networks
• Maintains network security and ensures compliance with security policies and procedures
• Evaluates hardware and software, including peripheral, output, and related equipment.
• Participates in the development and implementation of network-related procedures and standards; may lead aspects of major network installations and upgrades
• Interfaces with vendors to ensure appropriate resolution during network outages or periods of reduced performance
• Develops, implements, testing strategies, and documents results
• Troubleshoots and resolves complex problems
• Maintains current knowledge of relevant hardware and software applications as assigned.
• Participates in special projects as required
• Provides troubleshooting, analysis, and repairs for various remote locations throughout the County
For more information or to apply, please call :(863) 763-3117
|Job Category||Off Campus|